Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

GirlI discovered Literotica.com about a year and a half ago. At that time my scribblings had only reached a very small audience made up of Jake and a few select friends. One day I Googled erotic writing and stumbled accross "Lit'. My eyes were opened and I found a whole new audience of people.

So what does all this have to do with New Year's resolutions? Well, Literotica runs a Survivor contest every year for authors or would be authors who are extremely keen (some would say they don't have a life!!). The purpose of the contest is to post as many stories in as many different categories as possible in the space of a year.

When I read this I thought 'I can have a go at that' Then I read the rules.

-You may only post 3 stories in each category until you have posted 3 stories in each category on the site. Then you may post 5 in each category.

There are 35 categories, not counting poetry. At this point I started to wonder. Then I read some forum posts by current and past participants. People wrote three contributions to each category. Seriously. So I decided that I won't actually enter the contest officially because I would just embarrass myself by ranking around 500th. But in 2012 I will be turning 40. So as a challenge I have decided to write as many short stories to submit in as many categories as I can cover before 21 Dec 2012. 
You can check out the entire list of categories including, Non-Erotic, poetry and illustrations by clicking on the link at the top of the page. Over the course of the year I will post details of my submissions here. I hope you all follow me along, vote and keep me sane.

As this is the year of turning 40 and I am a massive over achiever I have added a physical challenge to my list as well. My pole dancing instructor the wonderful Chelle Hafner (check out her official fan page here ) assures me that I can learn to do the splits. So I am adding it to the list. I don't think I will get into a full split but I should be able to do a pose that looks impressive.

So wether I will keep my resolution remains to be seen I will give it a red hot go.

What is your New Year's Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment