Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Am Back


I am back! Not entirely happy about it but here I am. So to answer the eternal question, how was the trip?

The answer, amazing, fantastic, awesome, inspiring and relaxing. Did you expect me to say anything else? This was our second visit to New Caledonia and our third to Vanuatu. I have to say that New Caledonia is pretty but Vanuatu beats it hands down for anazing scenery both above and below the water and smiley friendly people. One of my fantasies is to live there....... one day.

So here is a quick run down of our trip.

We sailed around in this,



Then we went swimming at beaches that looked like this,



When we wanted a change from the ocean we headed off to the jungle,



Our favourite land based activity was snorkelling (did you really expect me to say anything else?)
The outrigger canoes were also pretty cool



Our favourite ship based activity was eating, really there was food everywhere and it was yummy!
We had a ball playing Adult Majority Rules Trivia, there will be more about this one in another post.

This was a family holiday and I am sure you can all appreciate that when you are sharing a relatively small cabin with two children adults only time can be a little hard to come by. However we did find ourselves with the cabin to ourselves one afternoon so we took some pictures of us hanging around,





















And now I find myself back in Brisbane with an expected daytime maximum of 20 degrees. It all seems so far away but we are promising ourselves that we will be going back again sometime very very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice time! Your pictures are gorgeous, especially the final two! We are excited to read about Adult Majority Rules Trivia, especially since you gave us a little tease on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time, a cruise is something we have yet to do, but it is on the list of trips we would like to.

    I absolutely love the last two pics of the post, and I'm looking forward to finding out about this "Adult Majority Rules Trivia" you speak of.

    ReplyDelete