Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TMI Tuesday - Fine Dining

Welcome to our first TMI Tuesday after our holidays. We have just spent two weeks on a cruise ship where the food flows freely so this may have a strong influence on our answers!

You are having dinner at the best restaurant you can imagine. Do not concern yourself with over-eating, or
other restrictions. We want to know what you like best. What will you have for:
Jake's Answers:

1. Before dinner wine, apertif or cocktail?
Before dinner I don't like to have too much to drink. If we have friends over we usually eat fairly casually so I will have a beer or a red wine if I am feeling fancy

2. Appetizer
Tasmanian smoked salmon however you like

3. Soup
Salmon and oyster chowder (a cruise boat pick)

4. Salad
Mandarin and pineapple chicken thing with a name Gemma can't remember (another cruise chef special)

5. Wine or other beverage with dinner
Red wine (most likely a Shiraz)

6. Entree We just want to note that we had some confusion with this term. In Australia we would describe this course as a Main course.

Slow cooked lamb shanks on a bed of mashed potato.
7. Side dishes
I don't usually like sides but if the shanks didn't come with potato then that would be it.

8. Dessert
Warm Belgian chocolate pudding with a bed of custard and ice-cream. This is another cruise favourite but Gemma makes something similar which I have always loved. (Jake is also a fan of traditional Christmas Plum pudding which is made in a similar way. He always has a HUGE slice but of course only the one I make!)

9. After dinner drink
I was introduced to a cocktail called a Toblerone on our recent holidays. We discovered after we got home that among her many jobs to date Mrs Fix It once ran a cocktail bar and knows how to make this drink!! So not only is she sexy but she can make my second favourite alcoholic beverage (The favourite is and always will be Bundaberg Rum!)

10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)

For sex appeal Amy Pond aka Karen Gillan. I love a hot red head




For great conversation Casanova. I want to find out some of his secrets

File:Casanova ritratto.jpg


Because you detest them Our very attractive Prime Minister Ms Julia Gillard. In Australia it is OK to hate the Prime Minister she is right up there! And no being a red head does nothing to redeem her.



Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What is on the tray?

A nice pussy with some cum in it.





Gemma's Answers

1. Before dinner wine, apertif or cocktail?
I don't mind a wine, red, usually Shiraz or white, anything but chardonnay. Mojitos made the way a friend used to make them are also good.

2. Appetizer

I love oysters so a dozen of those au natural will go down well. If we are going to be oyster snobs then they will have to come from Coffin Bay in South Australia.  
My other choice would be sashimi

3. Soup
In winter I would choose Pumpkin soup because it is unbeatable but in summer I would choose an asian style soup like Chicken Poh or Wanton

4. Salad
I have become a huge fan of Greek Salad but there has to be a lot of feta and olives in it.

5. Wine or other beverage with dinner
Like Jake I would lean towards a good Shiraz

6. Entree or as we call it in Australia, Main Course
A hot and cold seafood platter would be my all time favourite dinner.

7. Side dishes
Seafood platters are usually served with chips and so no other side is necessary.

8. Dessert
Baked cheesecake either New York style or Cookies and Cream

9. After dinner drink
Like Jake I am a fan of the Toblerone but I would also go for a Mudslide or Chocolate Bunny.

10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)

For sex appeal Didier Cohen. How could you not lust after this...







For great conversation Dr Karl Kruszelnicki. You would never be short of conversation points with this brain in the room.



Because you detest them Cardinal George Pell. And I would be hoping that the waiter is gay and does something awful to his food!

Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What is on the tray?

Pancakes with Maple Syrup.

Now I know that I have been very boring but after sex food is the other thing that gets me all excited.

Make sure you hop on over to TMI Tuesday to check out what other confessions are being made.

If you need something really dirty to whet your appetite I recommend The Late Phoenix.








1 comment:

  1. We fondly recall our last cruise. We didn't want to eat "regular food" after that!

    Regarding Jake's answers, the Tasmanian smoked salmon and salmon and oyster chowder both sound excellent. I've had salmon chowder before, but never with oysters in it. We were also intrigued by the Toblerone cocktail you mention, and a quick internet search reveals all we need to know about making it. We'll have to give it a try. Excellent choice of sexy dinner companions; the Doctor's Companion is quite dreamy indeed.

    Regarding Gemma's answers, I'm quite a fan of oysters, though not quite a snob. Jill can't stand the feel of them going down her throat, which is odd because she loves swallowing cum. Seafood and chips sounds great, and your mention thereof has put me in the mood for some. Too bad there's nowhere to get any for lunch within walking distance. After reading your answers to #10 I had to look up George Pell, and I must say that I agree.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete