Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TMI Tuesday - Blogland

Blogland

 One of the joys of writing a blog is that you can fantasise that there are millions of people out there in the world who live for their morning coffee and your pearls of wisdom. So much so that the world of blogging can be a bit like Hollywood. 

Of course Blogland is littered with hopefuls working in cafes waiting to be discovered but don't burst my bubble yet. 

And now for the questions.


1. Do you write / manage another blog?
I have thought about this occasionally but the reality of my life is that researching and writing for this blog takes up more than enough time. I do have to spend at least part of my life doing something that doesn't involve the internet or sex. 


2. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us why they are on your blogroll.
As a qualifier for my answer to this question I don't have a particularly long blogroll on my actual blog. This is partly due to laziness. I just don't take the time to update the list when I find an exciting new blogger or when one I followed regularly drops off the radar. Consequently I have some blogs I visit regularly through memes like this one or Wicked Wednesday and I share their posts through Facebook when I find one that resonates with me quite strongly but I don't list them on my blogroll.

Journey to the Darkside: I stumbled accross this one a couple of days ago. The Star Wars theme attracted me even though I am not particularly into Star Wars as such. After reading her I have become a little addicted to the very frequent posts about her daily life in the same way that I watch a soap opera. She seems a very passionate person who loves deeply and I love that. 

Stranded in Toronto: I came accross @stranded_in_to in the early part of my Twitter journey. Like many of my fatalistic attractions in life Chris has a mind that I find endlessly facinating. His writing is off the wall and humorous in a way that I wish mine was.

Sexy Northern Angel: I just realised that all three of these blogs are written by Canadians! I knew that there was a reason that country was in the top five countries I want to visit before I die. Andee is in many ways like myself. She is married, a mother, in middle life, has bisexual tendencies, and is on a journey of sexual discovery.


3. Look around your blog. Tell us about two pages or links you want us to visit. 
I am not sure exactly how to answer this question but I am not going to miss a chance for shameless self promotion because this is my blog and I can. So the two pages I would like you all to click on are my E-book listing. Of course I would very much like you all to click through the links and click the Buy Now button you find there. I promise to love you forever if you then proceed to write a review for me. 
 In all honesty I don't have another link for you. Jus visit the above one twice to make sure you have looked at everything.   


4. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before. What are they?
Avid readers of my blog and Facebook page will know that I am currently in the process of qualifying as a High School Biology teacher. Now while I am passionate about educating young people to be sex positive and knowledgable about their bodies and what they do with them, my reasons for this career change are also rooted (yes I know I said a double entendre) in a passion for Science in general and Biology in particular. My family will tell you that I have a weird facination with fungus that extends to photographing mushrooms wherever I find them. One of my most cherished souvenirs is a book published by a very talented lady documenting, complete with hand drawn botanical illustrations, the fungus native to the Margaret River region of Western Australia.  

5. What is your current obsession?
Pole dancing. It probably takes up more time and money than most other things in my life at the moment. I will not go into my endless frustrations about my inability to invert properly. Let's just say that I thought saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it turned out to be an oncoming train.

Bonus: Has blogging helped or hurt your sex life?
Blogging has been an interesting journey. It has possibly led me to meet new partners that I may not have otherwise enjoyed. Jake just commented that he doesn't think it has improved sex between us all that much. I disagree a little. I think it has opened my mind and prompted me to think about certain things in a different light.


Make sure you visit the TMI Tuesday page to check out the other confessions. 

1 comment:

  1. You are an absolute angel for mentioning me. Thank you so much; I am flattered. I always look forward to your entries as well - and probably because we share so many thoughts, like you mention!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete