Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TMI Tuesday - Fashion Police

 fashion_police_lg


 This week's questions were written by your all time favourite blogger. ME!. I was inspired a little by the very famous trip up the stairs by Jennifer Lawrence at this year's Oscar awards ceremony. For those of you who didn't watch the Oscars for whatever reason this is what it looks like



When she chose the dress I think she only considered how fabulous she would look on the red carpet. I am certain that she didn't think for a second how hard it would be to walk up those stairs. 

1. What is the most revealing thing you have ever worn in public? 
The answer to this one is a little bit dependant on what you would count as public. I have been to swinger's clubs wearing a corset, hot pants and shoes. I have sunbathed topless on our yacht while anchored near Jumpinpin bar with quite a few other boats anchored in the same spot and I frequently swim in very public places wearing a bikini. 
Take your pick. 

2. Have you ever unwittingly shown more than you intended due to a wardrobe malfunction?
I cannot think of a specific example other than a few times when I hadn't realised that my dress was quite THAT short and the general public were treated to a view of my butt cheeks. 

3. Are you more likely to arrive at an event over or under dressed?
I couldn't make up my mind about this one but I think I would probably be more likely to be more casually dressed than is appropriate. Lately my issue hasn't been being under or over dressed. More like I can't seem to find anything in my wardrobe that isn't too short, too see-through or too low cut. Maybe I am just visiting the wrong places. 

4. Tell us about a time when you have arrived at a veny and immediately wished that you could leave because you were dressed completely inappropriately?
A few years ago Jake and I attended an "Eyes Wide Shut" themed party. My friend and I decided it would be cool to go dressed like the prostitutes in the film. We made ourselves capes and arrived at the door wearing our capes and a g-string and heels underneath. No one else had taken the theme seriously at all and we both felt extremely uncomfortable. I am eternally grateful we had the foresight to put a dress in the car just in case.  
5. What is the one thing that your lover / partner wears that you love with a passion?
I have this thing for tight black jeans. The type that pub band guys used to wear in the 90's. This kind of jean only looks really good on certain guys. It just so happens that Jake is one of them. I do love his ass!

6. What is the one thing that your lover / partner wears that you hate with a passion?
 I can't stand it when a guy strips off to fuck and he leaves his socks on. WTF!!! If you are going to be naked be naked. Naked except for socks is definitely not cool and is a guaranteed way to get me to put my pants on and go home. I don't think that Jake has ever done this but I am certain that I have made my feelings on this one clear enough that he won't ever do it. In fact he is so clear about it that he makes sure other people are aware of how I feel about it. Just in case......

Bonus: You and your friend are going to a special event and you know that he / she has spent a lot of time and possibly money on their outfit and are very excited about what they have created. They refuse to show you their outfit until you are ready to leave for the event and when they do the big reveal you think they look awful. What do you do?
  I would like to think that I would be brave enough to be honest with my friend about what I think but the truth is that I would most likely be too chicken to tell them what I really think. I would most likely be too worried about hurting their feelings and spoiling their night. Besides, the Libra in me wouldn't let me forget that my idea about what they should wear may not be quite right and they might get to the party and fit right in.  














2 comments:

  1. From what I can tell that is a beautiful gown. But really poor planning on her part. If there is a possibilty that you will be publicly taking stairs don't wear that much dress or shoes you can't walk in. Cuz that is a whole lotta dress!

    1. I want to hang out with you. Really I do. I'm loving the hot pants and corset together.

    2. That was kind of you.

    3. I like your style

    6. I know a lot of people have issues with socks being on. I don't, I can relate. I have cold extemities and my tootsies are usually freezing. I saw wear cute, fun, outlandish socks. That's sexy :)

    VERY nice scales.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 ... I absolutely hate that. A few years ago, hubby and I dabbled in the lifestyle and I always made an effort to dress to the theme of the dances and parties we went to. It drove me nuts when I would see people who literally looked like they walked over from the office on casual Friday.

    #6 ... I totally agree ... WTF is that all about? It's like "I want to fuck, but I also want to be ready for a quick exit."

    Loved the questions this week!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete