Monday, October 28, 2013

Blog Hop - Tag You Are It!




A few weeks ago I was nominated by Rebel's Notes to take part in this blog hop. I was pretty chuffed that she considered me writer enough that people would be interested in what I had to say but sadly have not been organised to make the October 25 Deadline. Better late than never though!

The blog hop takes the form of four pre-set questions about my writing process. Like most things in life I am trying not to take things too seriously!

1. What are you working on right now?
The main thing I am working on right now is staying sane! I am currently in the middle of a very long and demanding piece of assessment that is taking up the majority of my time and energy. I currently have several stories that I am working on for my blog that I started in a fit of inspiration and never seem to get enough uninterrupted time to finish but when the get done look out! 

I am also in the planning phase for NaNoWriMo which is a little frightening but I am hoping will give me the impetus to actually write something a little more weighty. 

2. How does it differ from other work in its genre?
Most of the erotica that I write features multiple partners in open or swinging style relationships which is not completely unheard of but certainly on the less common side of erotica. My writing sometimes features dominance themes but I don't generally write much about the SM side of BDSM. I tend to focus on the sexual side of BDSM style encounters which true BDSMers might find a little 'soft' but that is me. I also like to write about fantasies that people, including myself, have that the mainstream might find a little confronting. These include male bisexuality, pegging, women having multiple male partners and cum play like creampies and bukakke. 

3. Why do you write what you do?
Because I can and because I want to. I started out writing about my own adventures but I find it harder to write about my own experiences than made up ones and so my work grew into other areas. I write about multiple partners and swinging / open relationships because I think that these are things that need to be de-mystified in this world and if there were more examples of it in the popular reading material that this kind of relationship would become more accepted. There are many people in this world who would not feel the need to cheat if they felt they had another option. 

4. How does your writing process work?
Sometimes I plan out a piece before I start but mostly I just start writing and see where it leads me. For my NaNoWriMo novel I am doing a little bit more planning than that and will probably have a 'key' of characters and their relationships with each other. I am a simple girl. More than two interrelationships and I get a bit confused. I am also pedantic about editing values and so I would be mortified if I got my plot lines and relationships confused in my story. I may also write a short outline of the basic story line for this work just to make sure I don't waffle on for 50, 000 words. I really don't want to waste that much time!

Part of the blog hop process is tagging other writers. Strictly speaking I am supposed to tag three but I could only think of two that haven't already participated and who I consider to be awesome. 

John D Stories @johndstories and 
Stranded in Toronto @stranded_in_to

Two very different writers, both of whom I enjoy reading immensly! I am looking forward to reading their responses hopefully in a more timely manner than myself and by 17 November.          





1 comment:

  1. Thank you; I'm thrilled that you nominated me :)

    Like you, I am finding time for my site to be diminishing through other commitments and need to get my writing hat sorted PDQ :)

    ReplyDelete