Thursday, February 27, 2014
TMI Tuesday - Just Askin'
It has been several weeks since I posted on my blog. My new job has proven to be all consuming but over the last week or so I have come to realise that I need to get back to 'being Gemma' at least once in a while and so I am here answering this week's TMI questions.
1. We are just a few months into 2014, but we want to know is there anything you have done this year that you have never done before?
This year I embarked on a new career and so for the first time I have found myself in front of a class with no fallback or guiding hand and no one to save me if the students decide to start a riot. Fortunately there haven't been any riots, yet, and I think at least some of my students might actually be learning something.
2. You are going to a deserted island, your only entertainment will be reading. What five books will you take with you?
1. Top of the pile would have to be 'The Witching Hour' by Anne Rice. It is my all time favourite book. I love Anne Rice's voluptuous style.
2. Second on the list would be 'The Future Eaters' by Australian Biologist Tim Flannery. It is a great description of the biology of Australia and her her near neighbours as a person who is passionate about biology I love the way this man's mind works.
3. Along the same lines I have always wanted to read a book called 'The Selfish Gene' by Dobkins. Again it appeals to my interest in biology and evolution.
4 & 5. In line with my usual reading habits I would just pick the last two on a whim at the airport bookstore. I have found some really good books that way.
3. We all change and grow over time ( or at least we should). What things do miss about the old you and why?
I like myself much better now than I did when I was younger. So I can honestly say there isn't a lot I miss about my youth or the old me. I am happy with my life the way it is now and the people I have in my life now.
4. How would you calculate sexual satisfaction?
That is something that changes with the situation that I am in. In a relationship situation sex is more about intimacy and so sexual satisfaction comes from being comfortable and loving towards each other. In a play situation it is more about complete gluttony and sexual excess. The feeling of tenderness that comes after a night of gratuitous sex is something that is difficult to replace.
5. Porn - Has it ever been good for your relationship? Has it ever been bad for your relationship?
Porn has never been a feature of any relationship that I have been in. It has never really held any appeal for me. So I can't say that it has ever done harm not been goood.
Bonus: Is there a secret that you would like to share? What is it?
I am terrible at keeping secrets. So I guess there is nothing I have kept to myself that I need to share.
If you want to share in more TMI goodness make sure you check out the TMI Tuesday page.
at 4:46 AM